Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2013

I have a blog!

"There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if the teachers themselves are not able to bring it to the classroom and make it work, then it fails." - Nancy Kassebaum, U.S. Senator.

Welcome to my very first blog! My name is Bianca and I am a Year 5/6 teacher at St. Mark's Primary School, Dingley. I graduated from my teaching course at ACU (St. Patrick's Melbourne Campus) in 2010 and began teaching at St. Mark's in 2011. 

In 2012, I joined the Contemporary Learning Team at our school to discover and incorporate the use of contemporary teaching and learning tools/practises within my own teaching and share these new tools and understandings with other teaching staff at St. Mark's.  

Through the Web 2.0 course, I hope to discover, explore and gain more confidence incorporating digital contemporary learning tools within my teaching practice. I feel that this course will be particularly useful as the 5/6 students at our school are currently involved in a 1:1 Laptop program; therefore, by exploring and trialing Web 2.0 educational tools alongside the 5/6 teaching team, we will be more likely to use these tools to help ensure that the students are getting the most out of the 1:1 Laptop program. 

So, let the expedition begin!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on setting up your blog Bianca, and it looks like you have spent a lot of time and energy to sincerely reflect on your posts. Good luck on your expedition!

    ReplyDelete