- It is simple to use: although I'm still familiarising myself with using our Wiki, it isn't particularly challenging to edit, upload items and use the Wiki.
- Overall the students have grasped using the Wiki fairly quickly.
- Once information/uploaded content is placed on the Wiki it is accessible to both teachers and students. This elimatinates the process of e-mailing out content to teachers and the SUPER-LY ANNOYING process of students typing links incorrectly!
- The content placed on the Wiki is accessible to everyone 24/7. This eliminates the problem of students loosing sheets/forgeting to take home work and allows children to access the work if they are absent for a period of time.
- It gives parents/guardians more insight into what the students are learning about at school , key dates and to the students' dismay - homework activities and due dates.
- Links to our school blog, Google Apps, Mathletics and other study resources to support the students with their learning.
Overall, Wiki Sites are a great educational tool and I'd encourage any educator to get on board.